I feel like it’s been ages since I put a recipe on here so I really wanted to share with you my lunch today! I made a very quick and easy quiche that takes about 15mins to prepare and 35mins in the oven. Ideal for a lazy Sunday eh?
Now I know that homemade pastry is preferable but I had the ready made ones and sometimes they are just more practical!
- pie pastry (I got mine from Waitrose)
- 3 eggs
- 100g of unsmoked lean bacon (cut in tiny cubes)
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- just under 100g of spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup of milk
- a pinch of salt
- grated cheddar cheese to taste
- Cook bacon in medium heat until slightly cooked
- On a separate pan, place the mushrooms and cook until all liquid has been evaporated
- Grease a tray with butter and place the pie pastry
- Beat the eggs and milk and season with salt and nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in the tray and pour the mixture over the quiche
- Add the grated cheese
- Anddddd…place in the oven for about 35mins
That’s it – quick, easy and yummy!
Lots of love,