Self-love is a big topic and one a lot of people avoid to discuss in detail. The main reason for this is most people lack self-love and don’t give it the importance it truly has. It’s not about saying that you love yourself but actually loving yourself. It will change the way you see life and the way life sees you.
If there is one thing I’ve learned is that it is absolutely vital to know yourself and to believe you are being the best version of yourself you can be. I know, easier said than done. But there are things you can do to make it work. I commit to a few things that have considerably improved my confidence and self-love. Trust me, these things can make a difference!
Here are my 7 tips for self-love dummies:
- Date yourself. Learn how to enjoy your company and stop depending on someone else to make you happy. Make some quality time for yourself a few times a week. Take yourself out to eat, go for a spa day, go shopping on your own, start writing, take on a new hobby, go to the cinema and become someone who ADORES their own company.
- Embrace your flaws. Your purpose in life is you! As soon as you embrace your weaknesses, quirks and imperfections you will turn them into strengths. Guess what? Every woman in this planet is insecure about their body. Everyone has doubts and fears about what they are capable of and no one is perfect.
- Make positive affirmations a daily habit. Words are powerful and if you have the tendency of saying mean things to yourself – stop! You wouldn’t tell your friend those things because it would hurt them – so why do you say it to yourself? Positive thoughts will overcome negative ones when repeated consistently so learn to tell yourself how awesome you are!
- Don’t take things personally. Instead of dramatizing everything people tell you, try to simplify. Accept criticism and don’t see it as a blow to your ego. If it’s constructive, embrace it. If not, then it’s more a reflection of the person saying it than of yourself!
- Create good habits. Stop trying to break bad habits but instead focus on creating good ones. Write down a list of things you would love to do and commit to them. Write down daily routines – this will help you stick to your good habits.
- Explore your sexuality. Don’t be ashamed of finding out what you truly like and telling the person you are with your wishes and desires. It will make you love your body and it more fun!
- Spread love and joy. A lot of people say this but few actually do it. Bottom line is, the more love you give out the more love will build inside of you!
And don’t forget: